3 Signs Your Basement Needs Waterproofing
1. Inspect The Inside Of The Basement
- Look for cracks or dampness in your basement walls or floors. These cracks can provide a path for water to enter your basement, so getting them repaired as soon as possible is important.
- Look for mold or mildew growth. This is usually the result of high humidity levels, which can be caused by leaks or poor ventilation.
- If the paint or wallpaper in your basement is peeling or bubbling, it’s a sign that there’s too much moisture in the air.
2. Inspect The Outside Of The House
- If there’s water pooling around your home’s foundation, it’s a sure sign that your basement needs waterproofing.
- Look for cracks in the foundation near the ground. These cracks can be small or large, allowing water to seep into your basement.
- Check doors, air conditioning vents, or windows.
3.Inspect The House After A Natural Disaster
One of the most important things to do after a natural disaster is to inspect your basement for any damage. This is especially true if you live in an area susceptible to flooding. Look for the same signs mentioned above:
- Stagnant water or puddles on the floor
- Musty or moldy odors
- Peeling paint or wallpaper
- Cracks in walls or floors