7 Common Drainage Problems
Drainage problems can cause several issues that will quickly develop into a deeper problem and be costly to repair. This includes soil erosion, foundation damage, water damage to your home or property, and flooding.
That’s why it’s so important to address the following drainage problems as soon as you notice them:
- Low elevated foundation: This is one of the most common problems because poorly installed exterior drainage allows water to puddle next to your foundation. Over time, this can lead to severe cracks and even collapse.
- Inadequate hard surfaces grading: If your driveway, sidewalk, or patio slopes towards your house instead of away from it, water will pool next to your foundation and cause all the same problems as a low elevated foundation.
- Incorrect Design for Plant Beds: Water will still pool next to your foundation if you have exterior drainage but your plant beds are sloped the wrong way.
- Drainage Swales: These are designed to direct water away from your home, but if they’re not installed correctly, they can actually funnel water towards your foundation.
- Gutters: Your gutters are supposed to catch rainwater and direct it away from your home, but they can do more harm than good if they’re not appropriately installed or clogged.
- Downspouts: Downspouts are the final step in getting water away from your home. If they’re not installed correctly, all the water your gutters have caught will pour next to your foundation.
- Trees and Shrubs: Their roots can grow into sewer lines and clog them, or they can compact the soil around your foundation and cause drainage problems.
Life-Changing Way to Solve Your Drainage Problems
As the weather gets warmer and the rain becomes more frequent, so does the water problem in your home. Be proactive and prevent flooding before it starts by hiring Tuck’s Waterproofing services. When it comes to exterior drainage solutions, there is no substitute for experience.
Whether you need an exterior french drain or an exterior foundation drain, only we will be able to guarantee a job well done. We invite you to visit our website and learn more about Tuck’s Waterproofing. Many homeowners are surprised at how quickly and easily we transform their houses from damp and musty spaces into dry, livable ones.