Homeowners must take care of the water near their houses. A common problem is bad drainage. If you don’t have a good way for the water to leave, it can damage your home’s structure and foundation.
Among the biggest culprits are poorly installed or absent exterior French drains and exterior foundation drains. These systems help keep water away from your home. This is important because it can protect the home for many years.
This blog will explore homeowners’ most significant drainage problems and suggest how to protect your home. We’ll discuss the benefits of exterior French and foundation drains as effective exterior drainage solutions that can help mitigate these challenges.
5 Common Drainage Problems
- Low Elevated Foundation: A foundation that sits lower than the surrounding landscape can lead to water pooling around your house. This situation can cause significant water damage over time if not addressed.
- Inadequate Hard Surfaces Grading: Improper gradings of hard surfaces, like driveways or patios, can direct water toward your home instead of away from it.
- Incorrect Design for Plant Beds: Plant beds designed without proper drainage in mind can trap water, creating a swamp-like environment. Not only is this harmful to your plants, but it can also lead to excess moisture seeping into your home’s foundation.
- Drainage Swales: Poorly designed or maintained drainage swales can fail to channel water away from your property effectively. This failure can result in water accumulation and potential flooding.
- Gutters: Clogged or poorly installed gutters can overflow, causing water to pour down the sides of your house. This overflow can damage your siding and potentially seep into your home, causing further harm.
Life-Changing Way to Solve Your Drainage Problems
A game-changing solution to drainage woes is the installation of an exterior French drain or an exterior foundation drain. These systems are designed to divert water from your home, protecting your foundation from damage.
An exterior French drain is a trench filled with gravel or rock that contains a perforated pipe. It redirects surface water away from your house. On the other hand, an exterior foundation drain is installed along the footing of your home, capturing and directing water away before it can seep into the foundation. Both these exterior drainage solutions can make a significant difference in maintaining the integrity of your home over time.
Solve Your Drainage Problems Once and for All
Every homeowner aspires to a home that’s secure, comfortable, and free from the worries of water damage. However, heavy rainfall or poor landscape grading can pose significant challenges. These issues can lead to constant stress over potential water damage and the costly repairs it entails.
No one deserves to live with the looming threat of water damage. At Tuck’s Waterproofing, we understand this struggle. We’re here to offer relief through effective exterior drainages solutions like the exterior French and foundation drain. Our goal is to help you secure your home against water damage, so you can enjoy peace of mind, knowing your sanctuary is safe and dry.